Thursday 15 October 2015

SOMERSET HOUSE FILM POSTER EXHIBITION COMPETITION 2015

Somerset House, London where the film poster exhibition took place
In the Summer 2015 I visited Somerset House in Westminster, Central and attended a film poster exhibition in association with Film4 (HERE is a link to the website).


My 'selfie' I uploaded onto my Twitter feed - entering my favourite film poster into the competition
At the time the exhibition was held at Somerset House their annual Summer Film Screen Season with the exhibition lasting for just under a month (starting 30 July - finishing 23 August 2015). Screenings of films such as Anna Karenina and Gemma Bovery took place in the square in the middle of Somerset House. I attended a screening of Gemma Bovary and was really impressed with the atmosphere of the location; for example the commanding, impressive and majestic limestone pale brick building on a balmy, dimly lit evening in London added to the atmosphere of the event. This screening in the Summer influenced me to write one of my film trailer analysis' on Gemma Bovery (HERE is link to my film trailer analysis on Gemma Bovery).

HERE is a link to my Twitter page that includes tweets related to topics in the media, my opinions on new film releases, updated information related to my A2 film trailer project and information related to film exhibitions, lectures at the BFI and film related courses I have attended (my Twitter feed is located on the right hand side of my blog roll --->)

HERE is a link to a Tweet I made about my visit to Somerset House film poster exhibition on Twitter.

HERE is a link to a Tweet I made hash tagging the film poster convention (#SomersetHouseFilmPosterExhibition & #SummerScreenPrints) entering my 'selfie' taken with my favourite film poster and entering it into a competition and posting it onto my Instagram page to create continuity and a connection between my social media platforms.

HERE is a link to the Somerset House film poster exhibition competition website.

My two tweets on my Twitter roll
Above, shows my two tweets on my Twitter roll. This makes Somerset House's Twitter page, Instagram page and the public also involved in the exhibition (both having attended the exhibition or being in the local area around the exhibition) aware of my findings - uploading onto social media platforms allows me to attract and address an audience

No comments:

Post a Comment