Thursday 22 October 2015

PLANNING: CHARACTER 1 PROPS AND COSTUME - AARON

In order to gather inspiration for each characters props and costume, I created a board on Pinterest for the character Aaron. 
The character Aaron is portrayed in the film trailer as an average, stereotypical boy who is around 18 years old. He is protective of his sister Sydney, however begins to question how and why Sydney has managed to earn vast amounts of money; for example he sees her carrying in an array of expensive, high end brand bags such as Links of London, Harrods and Jaeger. He is protective of his sisters welfare and his questioning of her 'whereabouts', difference in appearance and difference in expenditure. This prompts him to try and avenge Sydney's killer and strongly wants to bring her to justice.

Aaron's Costume - played by Marcus Couling
Using Pinterest not only for the character of Aaron but also for the whole cast of my film trailer helped me gain a better idea of how each character would dress, act and what props they would use. I have a better idea of what kind of mood they would influence the film trailer, for example a mysterious, illusive, haunting and 'hidden' due to influence of an illegal trade such as trafficking refugees.
Pinterest is a useful as it allows me to collect a vast amount of photographs, GIFs and videos on a particular topic or person in culture and society; I can also follow other people on Pinterest gaining inspiration globally and connecting with people who may have 'pinned' the same photo(s).
HERE is a blog post on how I made GIFs - similar to the format of photos I find on Pinterest and due researching how to make GIFs I can make a GIF with videos and photographs I take whilst filming my film trailer or photographs I have come across on Pinterest; gaining more inspiration.

Below is my Pinterest board for the character Aaron - HERE is a link to the board.





No comments:

Post a Comment