Thursday 22 October 2015

PLANNING: CHARACTER 2 PROPS AND COSTUME - SYDNEY

In order to gather inspiration for each characters props and costume, I created a board on Pinterest for the character Sydney. 


From completing this research on Pinterest, it has inspired me further to create believable characters. Finding inspiring images such as bruises, wives of gangsters in expensive clothes, girls with edgy style including black short skirts, provocative outfits with expensive jewellry and  images of swarve, sophisticated businessmen giving me ideas to elaborate my film opening further and possibly make changes to scenes using different types of shots.

The character Sydney is portrayed in the film trailer as a girl who has been heavily influenced by her gaining of vast amounts of money illegally through the trafficking of refugees to the United Kingdom by selling illegal passports. As a result of getting involved in 'underground' gangs of criminals making illegal passports and selling them on for vast amounts of money she has gained a mentality and ego of an older, experienced woman; a huge change to a regular 19 year old female. She flouts the stereotype of a 19 year old drastically through her the way she dresses, her ego, advanced mentality and the lifestyle she has. She wears expensive brands and high quality diamond jewellery that she has bought from earning huge amounts of money illegally.

Sydney's Costume - played by Demi Collins
Using Pinterest not only for the character of Sydney but also for the whole cast of my film trailer helped me gain a better idea of how each character would dress, act and what props they would use. I have a better idea of what kind of mood they would influence the film trailer, for example a mysterious, illusive, haunting and 'hidden' due to influence of an illegal trade such as trafficking refugees. Outfits I found inspiring included red dresses sequin dress and brightly coloured ball gowns as the colour red can convey a sense of danger, threat and power; all of which is a common quality of Sydney that has been influenced through her gaining wealth and power over helpless refugees.

Pinterest is a useful as it allows me to collect a vast amount of photographs, GIFs and videos on a particular topic or person in culture and society; I can also follow other people on Pinterest gaining inspiration globally and connecting with people who may have 'pinned' the same photo(s).

HERE is a blog post on how I made GIFs - similar to the format of photos I find on Pinterest and due researching how to make GIFs I can make a GIF with videos and photographs I take whilst filming my film trailer or photographs I have come across on Pinterest; gaining more inspiration.

Below is my Pinterest board for the character Sydney - HERE is a link to the Pinterest board.






No comments:

Post a Comment