Thursday 15 October 2015

MAKING A GIF














In my free time I have experimented with making GIFs. A GIF is a bitmap image format - GIF is the acronym for The Graphics Interchange Format. In simpler words, a GIF is a selection of images (or a video) taken of a movement or action, such as smiling or walking, and added together to create a short video image. This 'video' is saved as an image therefore it can be saved as a JPEG file.  You simply upload a selection of images, adding text, filters or rotation if you choose. Thereafter you can 'generate' the image creating a GIF file.

Here are the JPEG files I used to make my GIF


To start practising, I simply made a GIF of me typing on my key board, 'how to make a gif'. There is a huge selection of websites available on the internet for you to make a GIF, I chose to use the website, Imgflip. I also added a video of Agatha, from a previous post, playing the operator, taking an emergency call from India in the woods.




I found this new technology extremely useful in making a unique and fun 'mini presentation' of images or a video I have recorded. Even though other new technologies I found, including Photosnack and Prezi, are useful at making long, in depth presentations presented with interesting edits; the making of a GIF is intended to be a short 'snip-it' of action. Therefore I can upload a GIF onto my film opening and my personal social media sites such as Twitter or Instagram; this means that I can present a GIF in a diverse way, on my blog for example or quickly uploaded onto Instagram.

I intend to make use of the GIF image format in future posts on my blog about my film trailers progress and on my social media websites such as Twitter and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment