Thursday 22 October 2015

PLANNING: SOUNDTRACK - SCRIPT THE VOICE OVER AND DIALOGUE

Whilst completing my FutureLearn Digital Storytelling course in week 2 I was introduced to a Podcast featuring BBC Science's Andrew Thompson, Charles Colville, producer for BBC Factual, and Lizzie Faulkner, a freelance series producer who has worked for Sky Atlantic, BBC One and RTE, who discuss scriptwriting for factual television. 

I learned that it is important to begin with a script, as it starts the preparation process that further enables you to start working on key ideas helping you to produce a believable, watchable and interesting piece of text, in my case being a film trailer (having to think about the overall films storyline). The script can also give you guidance, helping you let your intentions be known and help structure your shoot and edit.  

I have shared this article and Podcast on my Twitter page, located on the right hand side of my blog roll. 

HERE is a link to the Podcast. 


After completing our shot list, we made a 'scene by scene' document allowing us to have a clear description of the scene, character dialogue and examples of shots to be taken such as time lapses in London.

Red - voice over
Blue - description of scene
Green - notes
Black - dialogue







No comments:

Post a Comment