Wednesday 23 September 2015

RESEARCH: JURASSIC WORLD MARKETING CAMPAIGN

I have completed a case study of Jurassic World on info.gram. Info.gram is a really useful tool as it allows to be present research in a fun, imaginative format that is easy to read and view on my blog roll quickly.

I looked at the class studies in Gareth Lowrie's presentation of the marketing campaign for Jurassic World (Universal Pictures). This will allow me to comment on the way that the trailer forms part of the distribution strategy including the Poster & Advertising (P&A) campaign. From completing this case study I have learned that the trailer is part of a bigger marketing campaign including the films social media platforms including the films official Instagram page (@jurassicworld), official LEGO game Instagram page (@legojurassic), official LEGO game Twitter page, official Twitter page (@jurassicparkiv), official LEGO game Facebook page (Jurassic World: The Game), trending hashtag on both Instagram and Twitter (#JurassicWorld & #JurassicWaterloo during their campaign at Waterloo Train station), official Facebook page (Jurassic World) for example as well as cast interviews, P&A campaigns and teaser trailer releases, for example. From doing so the distributor is meeting the rules of the films engagement with its target audience globally; contributing and building a buzz for the films release. Also using this social media platforms interconnect through each other (being able to share photos on Instagram and sharing them onto Twitter); creating continuting and gaining a wider audience through successfully social media marketing making a wider audience aware of the films release, in turn creating a buzz.

HERE is a link to my film trailer analysis on Jurassic World I made using Emaze

Whilst using Info.gram to present my case study of Jurassic World's marketing campaign, due to Info.gram only allowing a minmum of 10 photos in the entire infographic, I decided that it would be appropriate to make a number of collages of relevent photos (to the information I was presenting) on PicMonkey. PicMonkey is really useful tool as it allows me to to edit and present photographs in imaginative, legible formats making them eye-catching to the viewer.

The process of making my photo collage in PicMonkey



The process of making my photo collage in PicMonkey
The process of making my photo collage on PicMonkey
Below is my case study of Jurassic World's marketing campaign using infogr.am.


No comments:

Post a Comment