Wednesday 9 September 2015

RESEARCH: READING OCR MODERATORS NOTES AND VIEWING EXEMPLAR MATERIAL

In class I looked at the brief for our film trailer (Brief 2) and looked at the OCR Guidance for the definition for a teaser trailer as well as theatrical trailer. With the help of our teacher, my group  also contacted the OCR subject officer, Tony Fahy for the correct answer. 

Tony Fahys response 
I also searched for the correct definition for trailer and teaser trailer. I made the photo below on PicMonkey

I looked in The Complete A-Z Media & Communication Handbook by Stuart Price for the correct definition of teaser trailer
I also searched on Google for the definition of trailer as well as looking on the Media marketing glossary from MediaKnowall. 



I also covered the codes and conventions of a teaser/theatrical trailer including soundtrack, pace, location, mise-en-scene and camera angles. We looked at some professional teaser/theatrical trailers, consulting guidance for our own trailer from the MediaEdu website. 

As advised by Tony Fahy I viewed previous A2 Media film trailers that have been awarded A band marks; one of which was by Cameron which is a 1 minute and 4 second long trailer recieving 34/40. As part of my group, I analysed his trailer as well as his film magazine front cover debating on the successes and negatives about his work. By doing this I will have a broader understanding of what type of work the examiner wants to receive such as the quality and duration of trailer. From looking at the negative aspects of his work, I will have a broader understanding of how I can make my work successful including all codes and conventions of a trailer suited to my chosen genre therefore making my trailer positively influential to my target audience (influencing them to buy a ticket to the film after viewing my trailer, film magazine front cover). I viewed this trailer via the OCR Media Weebly.

Below is a Piktochart of the positives and negatives of the exemplar student film trailer and exemplar student film magazine poster. Piktochart is a really useful tool as it allows me to present large amounts of information split up onto pages in a fun, attractive format.

1 comment:

  1. You are working your way through the list of research tasks and are on target.

    ReplyDelete