Wednesday 9 March 2016

THE DIVERGENT SERIES ALLEGIANT

Recently I was watching a daily 'vlog' made by Casey Neistat on YouTube and a 'pop up' advert appeared on my screen for The Divergent Series: Allegiant which is released on 10th March 2016. Like the Snapchat advertisement (I wrote a blog post HERE about it), this 'pop up' advert attracts and addresses fans/future fans of The Divergent Series to watch the indented film trailer located at the top of the page, influencing members of the public to either research or click on the 'WATCH TRAILER' button at the bottom of the page - further influencing them to follow the films progress on social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook having made a judgement. It entices viewers to 'Escape The World You Know' and watch the film trailer instead of carrying on viewing the text you were previously watching.

I was influenced to 'escape the work (I) knew' and watched the trailer indented in the advertisement. I then tracked down the films social media pages and started following the film on Instagram and Twitter using the indented hashtag on the bottom right hand section of the trailer 'screen'. I will now be tracking the progress of the film from filming/construction stages to the British premiere tomorrow.

I have made the collage below of the #Allegiant film tag on social media platforms on PicMonkey.



I made the collage of the advertisement I found on YouTube on my phone on Pizap. Pizap, like PicMonkey, is an extremely useful tool as it allows me to upload, edit and transform photos I have taken on my phone or downloaded from the internet into eye-catching, unique and colourful collages.


Due to this method of advertising being so successful in attracting and addressing audiences attention to view the film or film related information, I have uploaded a screenshot of my film trailers hashtag (#aquestionofidentity) to attract and address my target audience in tracking the progress of the film on numerous social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment