Sunday 13 March 2016

CONSTRUCTION: FILMING A QUESTION OF IDENTITY FILM MAGAZINE FRONT COVER



I took the photographs that I am going to use in my film magazine front cover for A Question of Identity at school. Since I planned what I was going to shoot before hand and made a call sheet, I found that I was organised and efficient during filming to experiment with different shots. I had considered using the school dark room, however I realised that my images, especially the extreme close up of Aarons face and the extreme close up of Sydney's side profile (as seen below), wouldn't be dark, mysterious and haunting due to two reasons. Firstly, the flash on the camera would completely wash out and brighten the characters faces going against my original intentions for the poster and the dark, sinister and haunting genre of my film. Secondly, the dark room would make my photos too dark and less visible without the flash. Therefore I made sure I picked my locations carefully fitting my vision.





The extreme close up shots of Aaron and Sydney taken in the tunnel
 



I took this photograph above that I will have as a sky background around my main character, Aaron, who will be placed in the centre of the poster creating a commanding, powerful and authoritative  feel  attracting and addressing my audience. This will create an eerie, dark, haunting and sinister atmosphere; suited to my film trailers action and thriller genre. I found inspiration for using the sky background when completing individual research of the Scandi Noir genre - HERE is a link to a mini case study I made researching the Scandi Noir genre and HERE is a link to a blog post on my individual research and photos taken on the beach in Aberporth, West Wales.


No comments:

Post a Comment